Have you heard about this?
As historic and amazing as this story is, I just found out about this guy on Friday. I guess I’ve been so caught up in all the recent news about the debates and upcoming election that not much else made it through.
Felix Baumgartner and the 120,000 foot Free Fall
In case you’re in that same political bio-pod (or have your own set of distractions)…
- Felix Baumgartner got into a specialized balloon this morning.
- Used that balloon to reach an altitude of 120,000.
- Then he jumped out!
Of course Felix had a specially designed suit and parachute to help his chances of this day not ending up very badly.
But Still… Pretty amazing, right? This guy has perfected the art of Doing Something Different. I mean, how many other people do you know that jumped and did a free fall of over 20 miles? About 4 times the altitude that commercial airliners fly. Pretty cool, if you ask me. 🙂
The Art of Doing Something Different
(and how it can benefit you too)
No matter what field you’re in these days, having a thriving business can be a bit of a challenge. Setting yourself apart from the herd can definitely help you get more attention, and more business.
- Are you offering the same thing everyone else in your field offers?
- Do you put any thought into how you can be different? Offer something different, or more?
- What is something you could do that’s different?
These questions could literally point you in a direction that could really change your business forever.
Not that I want to oversell the art of doing something different; or not that I want you to do anything as dangerous as jumping from 120,000 feet. (please do not try this at home!).
As a photographer, the sky’s the limit. Creativity and vision is what will set yourself apart. There are a sea of established and new photographers out there. What will set you apart.
- Maybe it’s your creativity and vision
- Maybe it’s the experience you create during the shoot
- Maybe it’s the story you tell with your photos
Same thing for models, makeup artists, stylists, anyone….
Really put some thought into this.
Times can be a little tough right now. Make a conscious decision to really step it up.
Do Something Different!